Monday, February 15, 2010

APAC Inc.

The Company that we are blogging about is APAC Customer Services. Apac has been a source in the Tucson, Arizona community for supposed growth and being part of Tucson's economy for years. Many employees have come and gone as well as been fired for one reason or another. Below are exerpts from Craigslist ads and responses that are being reprinted here. http://www.apaccustomerservices.com/

APAC INC>.. (EAST LOCATION)


Date: 2010-02-08, 10:27PM MST
Reply to: see below


Just to let you guys know ive been working at apac for some time now.. When i first started it was wonderful, thought it was a great work place.. after being there for a good year now.. i would never recommend you to work at apac.. The supervisor/team leads dont do their damn jobs, The om's dont seem to be able to do their jobs and have to ask the tl's to do the work for them.. the dress code and attendance point system are ridiculous... needless to say you will feel like you are in highschool... dont apply, if you have already run for your life... oh ya and just to add to this wonderful statement.. they are changing in a few days more than 3/4 of the entire employees with a shift bid.. and "WE DONT CARE IF YOU HAVE KIDS OR SCHOOL... WE ARE CHANGING SCHELDULES NO MATTER YOU SITUATION" so they arent willing to work with you with much.. and if your kid is sick guess what you better be careful they may take a WHOLE POINT away from you!!

SORRY IM GOING ON AND ON AND ON... ASK ANYONE WHO HAS OR DOES WORK THERE THEY WILL TELL YOU ITS HELL!!


APAC INC>.. (EAST LOCATION)
Date: 2010-02-08, 10:27PM MST
Reply to: see below

Just to let you guys know ive been working at apac for some time now.. When i first started it was wonderful, thought it was a great work place.. after being there for a good year now.. i would never recommend you to work at apac.. The supervisor/team leads dont do their damn jobs, The om's dont seem to be able to do their jobs and have to ask the tl's to do the work for them.. the dress code and attendance point system are ridiculous... needless to say you will feel like you are in highschool... dont apply, if you have already run for your life... oh ya and just to add to this wonderful statement.. they are changing in a few days more than 3/4 of the entire employees with a shift bid.. and "WE DONT CARE IF YOU HAVE KIDS OR SCHOOL... WE ARE CHANGING SCHELDULES NO MATTER YOU SITUATION" so they arent willing to work with you with much.. and if your kid is sick guess what you better be careful they may take a WHOLE POINT away from you!!

SORRY IM GOING ON AND ON AND ON... ASK ANYONE WHO HAS OR DOES WORK THERE THEY WILL TELL YOU ITS HELL!!

* Location: EAST LOCATION
* Compensation: NOT ENOUGH FOR WHAT YOU PUT UP WITH!!
* Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
* Please, no phone calls about this job!
* Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.



You Know what I would have to agree with you there. I work there too and I must say the TL's do not even know their job. It is like Mr Magoo trying to see his way through a thunderstorm. Also when you apply for another position you are well qualified for they tell you that you are not just because of this and that. What they do is they they play favouritism to people they want to be there and people they want gone! Oh and don't be sick with a doctors note either because they will pretty much tell you your SOL with out a paddle. I have seen many call centers in my lifetime and I must say by far this is the worst for ethics and for firing people just because for who they are. Oh and dont get me started on the training there. If you want to learn the projects they have wooo let me tell you the training is okay however you complain about disruptions in class then you better work for Target because that is what you will become exactly that-----a TARGET!

  • Location: East Location
  • Compensation: Hmmmm Really now?? Dont Get Me Started with this one!
  • Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
  • Please, no phone calls about this job!
  • Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

Date: 2010-02-14, 9:05PM MST

Yes, everyone should avoid Apac! Like the other post, things were good there for a while when I first started, but the longer I was there the more it sucked. The equipment was also very ghetto, chairs all jacked up, computers down, phones down, etc. I ended up quitting because they were hiring new people at $11 a hour, and alot of us were still making the $9 a hour we got when we started, plus they kept adding on more work, top that with getting criticized and monitered on calls for stupid stuff. They screwed me around with schedule changes as well-I almost had to quit due to that alone, one shift had me working until midnight! They do not pay nearly enough for the quality of work expected and the amount of work expected. Apac may very well be the most ghetto call center in all of Tucson!!

  • Location: Pantano East Side
  • Compensation: Not NEARLY enough!

Date: 2010-02-15, 5:38PM MST
It seems that APAC operates within the laws of Arizona (A state which disregards the worker - the common man/woman in order to cater to the rich.) Has APAC ever heard or ETHICS & MORALS IN BUSINESS?????

Location: Eastside Location
  • Compensation: This is the Most Unethical I have heard to date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


  • 8 comments:

    1. Well, I used to work for APAC when I first came to Tucson back in 2002-2003. I was very good at what I did(selling tons of useless cable internet and tv service packages)I was at one point raking in the most sales per day 35-40 all premium packages. Anyways, several times I was shocked to see my fellows sales assoc. passing around booz while taking calls and the team lead(asian lady, don't remember her name)could care less and thought it was cool. I moved to another "team" where my team lead was never around and when she was she would sit on her fat ass surfing the internet for new crap for her house. Anytime I had a question or needed anything she didn't know the answer or didn't care. One day her supervisors were coming around to everyone asking how she was doing and is there any issues with her ability to lead our team. I told them she was lazy, sat around on her computer and had no idea how to do her job. I was the only one out of 20 or so people who told the truth. WHen my team lead found out about this she tried to get me fired. She pulled me into a room and accused me of lots of small stuff(too many bathroom breaks etc) and was trying to keep me in there until she could come up with a way to get me fired. SO she proceeded to speak to her boss, which we both wound up going to see and she accused me of taking too many breaks and whatever else she could. I told the supervisor she was just mad because I told the truth about her work habits. The super told me she knew one of us was not coming back to work the next day. Sure enough my team lead was fired for trying to have me fired. I felt bad for her, but life goes on. I soon quit apac for a job selling satelite d2d(waste of time). But anyways, apac is getting too big for it's britches and cannot handle a call center with 500+ people.

      Sorry for the long ramble but, that's my apac story.

      ReplyDelete
    2. I worked in a call center for 10 years prior to moving to Tucson. Although I'm not anxious to return to that environment, it's one of my few marketable skills. I'd been warned about APAC before I'd seen the recent postings on craigslist, and it appears that those warnings were well-founded. If a company is continually hiring, either business is good or the working conditions are bad. APAC appears to be a case of the latter. (As if these jobs weren't demeaning enough, to have management & policies make you feel even more expendable is intolerable. Good luck to those who got Mad As Hell and wouldn't Take It Anymore!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Amen Thats what I like to see! People standing up for what is right and for what they belkeive in. It is people like you who make the world go round, not Corrupted corporations like APAC. Amen!

      ReplyDelete
    4. I was fired last month for attendance. I had been at APAC for 2.5 yrs. I can name five people off the top of my head w/ less seniority and more points.
      I can write a book about APAC but who would believe the illegal, unethical stories w/out having been there?

      ReplyDelete
    5. DJ Post them The more the merrier because many who are on here can relate and have been through the same. Post em! Lets expose the company for they really are!

      ReplyDelete
    6. Ya'll forgot to mention how hard it is to get a day off from that retched place. I told them back at the beginning of January that I would be going on vacation with my family (whom I only get to see once a year if I'm lucky) next month for a week and they STILL only have me approved for 3 days. Said I might have to call in for the days I dont get approved for and just have a doctors note so it can only be one point taken away. EXCUSE ME?! Oh and what kind of establishment demands that every single employee be at work through the entire christmas holiday? Seriously?! This past year was the worst christmas to date. And they wonder why we do so badly on our calls. Hmm lets see 1) We get yelled at by customers all day. 2) If we get a bad survey because we didnt give some one a credit it can take us from an A player to a C player. (True story happens to me all the time off of 1 survey.) 3) They never give us days off. 4) 8 pts a year, come on who can do that? Especially if your like me a get sick everytime the seasons change. 5) (Kinda ties back in with #3) How is it that I can not get my days i ask for a 1/2 year in advance but everytime I walk through the office area there little dry erase boards say things like "On vacation for the next 16 days!" and you see it EVERY month..... In short, Somethings just not stiring the kool aid.

      ReplyDelete
    7. well i'm working at a new call center that just opened in Las Vegas and it's great! wonderful team,supervisors and TL's. There paying us pretty good don't know why there paying you'll so little and Az and Nv are right next door to each other, go figure. My advice is instead of staying with APAC and being miserable leave! no one is twisting your arm to stay. The company couldn't be that bad because most of you are still there LEAVE!!!!

      ReplyDelete
    8. I would never recommend someone to work for APAC.I work there been there 4 years and cannot stand it! It was great at first but as you continue to be there you realize how ducky the job actually is. You do not get paid enough for everything they have you do( yeah I know 10.75 to sit on your ass seems pretty good) but when you're back to back no time between calls but than there's people who have like 10 minutes between calls and make the same amount is bullshit. You can never get your days off approved, I told them I needed a day off for my son's birthday and was having family come from out of town for his party and they denied it but than gave someone else the day off. They play favoritism all the time. You can get in trouble for the littlest things like wearing flip flops or anything but someone can do the same thing and don't have anything said to them because they like them more. Half of the TLs there either don't know their jobs or just don't do it at all. They ask for reps for help sometimes. The good thing is the people you actually work with makes it a little better

      ReplyDelete